Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Frist Time

So I have decided to write a blog. I am not very good at writing. I am defiantly not the smartest person or the best writer this world has to offer. I am just a woman who is learning and searching out God's truth and need a place for feedback and encouragement. I pray that what the Lord is showing me will edify myself and those who ready this.

So for my fist blog I decided to write about my sin. I have led a pretty interesting life. I have had some wonderful times and I have had some pretty horrible times. I am quick remember my horrible times and place the blame on someone else. "Well you did this and that is why I did that!" or "It's your fault, your sin caused all of this!" Do not get me wrong, there are times when that is true, for example, when a child is abused, it is not the child's fault. But as an adult and in my relationships, I have learned that by placing the blame on someone else, I am robbing myself of the growth and forgiveness the Lord has to offer.

I am a sinner. I have lied, I have cheated, I have sinned in anger, I have been selfish, I have lusted after things that I do not have, I have let things/people take the place of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I closed my eyes to my sin. I have blamed someone or something else for my actions.

I came to this realization one night when I had nothing left to blame. I could not blame my one year old son because lets face he is pretty much perfect :D I could not blame my husband as for a while, I did not have one to blame. All I could do is look at myself and the mess I had gotten myself into by my sin! Then I asked for forgiveness. And the most amazing thing happened, I was forgiven. ANDD I was finally able to forgive.

My question for you today is are you forgiven. I ask this to those who have never God's sweet forgiveness. Have you let Christ take hold of your heart and tell you that you are forgiven and that He loves you and that He will never fail you. AND to those who have been saved, I encourage you to never forget the need for forgiveness and make a conscious effort to take advantage of His Grace every chance you get!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you have a place to freely post your thoughts. I would like to encourage you to read the CJ Mahaney book that I am going through at Bible study. It has convicted the crap out of me. If you need a slap in that face, and who does really, thsi will deliever, and nore so. I am now in the same spiritual boat that you are, so we can be there for each other. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most amazing piece of writing I have read in a very long time. You pretty much summed up life in five short paragraphs. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I needed this! Thanks Kristy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy, I am so happy you have realized that the Lord forgives immediately, they are buried under the sea forever. It's like my post it note theory, those post it notes are taken down off of his wall and thrown away! And the best thing is that we can rejoice in his grace, not just for a minute or a day or a week, but forever! HE loves us, NO matter what. That is sweet! You have come such a long way in your journey and I am so proud of you! I love you so much, AD

    ReplyDelete