Friday, July 16, 2010

"That Child"

Are you "that" child? You know the type. The type that you look at and automatically think or say "Oh, its that type of child." What type am I talking about? Well I am actually talking about a couple types. :D

The first type is the type that is the pitiful me type. "My parents hate me! See what they make me do." Or, "she loves my sister more than me." Have you ever came across that type? Are you that type?

Or the "NO" type. "NO I will not do that." "No, I will not go there." "I don't care how much you need me or want me, I am not going to do it!" I am sure everyone right now can say that they never said no to their parents ;) (Even if you did not say it out loud, you said it in your mind).

I just wanted to thank the Lord that Jesus was neither of these types! What if he had taken the pity route to the cross? Then He would have sinned and our salvation non-existant! What if he had said No? I don't even want to contemplate these two "ifs". He went to the cross, took on ALL of our sin when he had none of his own, and died. So that the Lord could love us more completely and so that we may spend eternity with them! He did not say no, he did not pity himself or question the reason behind his torture, he just obeyed.

What type of child are you? Are you playing the pity game? Are you saying No to what the Lord wants you to do? What has he called you to become? He wants us to become more like Him. He wants to use us. Weather it be in ministry, in our homes, to our coworkers, to our neighbors, He wants to use the talents he has given us to further His kingdom.

Right now, tonight, I am stopping the pity party. I am stopping all the "No's" that I tell myself. I am going to obey. I am going to be "That child, the one that followed Christ".

No comments:

Post a Comment