Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Am Enough

Maybe I was prettier?
Maybe I  was funnier?  
Maybe I behaved better/different?  
Maybe I was thinner?  
Maybe I got better grades?
Maybe I was stronger (emotionally/physically)?

All of these maybes have gone through my head a time or two (or two thousand... :-/ ). All of these doubts were firmly rooted in my brain by the time I was 22.  All of these questions (and more) I have asked thousands of times since then.  They always have the same after thought:

Then maybe they would like/care for/love me?

All these doubts about me, what I am not, (well, what I think I am not)  usually present themselves as an apology.  The sentence usually flows as:

I am sorry I am not  ________ ENOUGH for you.

I always feel like I fail someone because I am not good enough for that person or situation.  But in reality the only person I am failing is myself.  

When I look at myself and only see my short comings (no pun intended ;) ), I am only tearing myself down.  Not only am I hurting me, I am only hurting the One who made me the way that I am.  I am a masterpiece in the making.  I have a beauty that is uniquely mine (and Cassie's).  I have a sense of humor that has caused thousands of laughs.  I am one of the most caring person you will probably ever know.  I will go out of my way to make everyone happy before I even consider my own emotions.  I may not be a perfect mom but I am the perfect mom for Kole.  

Most importantly, I was made in His image.  So I do not have to be ENOUGH for someone else.  I am ENOUGH for who He has made me to be.  You see, I do not have to be enough to earn someone's love.  I do not have to be enough to deserve to be cared for.  I do not have to do anything to make someone like me.  I already am just by being me.  I already am liked by so many amazing people.  I already have more people caring for me than I will ever deserve.  And I already have the greatest love that I could ever hope for.  The love of a Best-freind, Lover, Father.  I was enough long before I decided I was not enough for anyone or anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment