Thursday, August 21, 2014

Yesterday and Tomorrow but Never Today

There are two words that need to exit my vocabulary immediately!  Those words are "tomorrow" and "yesterday".

Everyday I live, those two words dictate my entire day, my decisions, the activities we do, the people I see, my drive to work work out, my eating habits, my time with my son.

Tomorrow I will start a diet
Tomorrow I will play with Kole more.
Tomorrow I will work out.
Tomorrow I will clean the house
Tomorrow I will go see this person or that person
Tomorrow I will sell my It Works
Tomorrow I will overcome this complacency
Tomorrow I will read my Bible...
Tomorrow. Tomorrow. TOMORROW

Yesterday I worked hard, so I don't need to go work out
Yesterday I was hurt by someone so I will close my heart up
Yesterday I didn't sleep well so I will sleep all day today
Yesterday I blah blah blah

I can not LIVE if these two words are going to be part of my vocabulary.  And if you think about it there never really is a tomorrow.  Tomorrow always turns into today.  and then I am in the same boat.  Waiting for tomorrow and blaming yesterday.

Well no more!  My tomorrow is right now and my yesterday never was!  My life will change.  I will have my todays!  Today is the day that my excuses are no more.  Tomorrow is only a date.  Yesterday is a memory not a shackle.

But most importantly, Today is the day that I LIVE for the One who DIED for me.  Today is the day that I repent.  Today is the day that His love is enough.  Today is the day that my body becomes His temple.  I am made for so much more than my yesterdays and tomorrows.  I am meant to be His everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment