Monday, March 30, 2015

'Tis the Season

Have you ever had one of those moments where you are thinking about life and where it is currently, where you think you want it to go, and how to get there?  My mind has been running circles, my heart has been praying continually about this possibility I have. With out going into to much detail, this will be a change for the way Kole and I currently function.  Maybe for the better, probably not for the worst.  But as I was thinking about it today a passage came to mind.  It is Ecclesiaste 3:1-8.

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heaves.
"a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

I am not a huge fan of change.  It scares me.  I like to know what to expect.  I like to be in-control so that I can protect myself and Kole from the unknown.  I can prepare for what comes next, I can plan for the future.

I so focus on what I think we need for our well-being that I forget that God's plan for me is so much more secure than the plan I have made for us.  Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope for the future."

I love the way the Holy Spirit does that for me.  Tells me to stop and listen.  My season is going to change.  It may not be what I think it should look like and it may be exactly what I have been asking for.  But this change is not going to harm me unless I let it.  He says I will prosper.  He says I will have hope for the future.

But here is the thing.  In any season, not matter how this one changes for me, my hope is always in Christ so therefore I do have hope for my future.  And no matter how hard my season is, if I'm mourning, sick, so on and so forth, I will prosper because each and every season will bring me closer to Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment