Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Is it bedtime yet?

So I am exhausted. Kole was up at 5 everyday over the weekend, and then when I don't have him, I wake up at 5 just out of habit. I started a class so I have to use my brain now. But most of all I am exhausted of giving of myself.

I feel like the Lord likes to ask to much of me. I am worn out by continually praying for myself and for Kane and for Kole and for my friends and family. a. I am worn out by serving in anyway I can to anyone I can. When I feel the Lord's tug to do something for Kane or make sure a friend is ok or when I need to take care of Kole, I do it, and most of the time, I feel like it goes unnoticed or that it did not make a difference in that person's life . I know this is good, but oh so exhausting.

I am not complaining. I actually am going to try to encourage those who read this. Life is exhausting. The Lord continually asks us to serve and love and deny ourselves for those around us. But the amazing thing is that when you need rest, you can find it in the Lord. Matthew 11:28-30 Says "Come to me all you are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my burden is easy and my yoke is light."

When I think about this verse and wonder what He was talking about, I think about what His burdens were. His burden and job was to die for us so that we can have eternal life, all the while being perfect. And He says that was easy??? I do not have to die for anyone and I have Grace because I am never going to be perfect. Also to add on to my shameful complaining, He tells me that He will give rest to my soul!! So I have it made, yet I still feel like I deserve more.

Are you taking a rest in the Lord today or lately? I know that I have not and I desperately needed it. He does not lie, and He will give freely, but you have stop and ask. "Be still and know that I am Lord". Rest and the Lord and then you will be fully refreshed!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing mom you are. Kole is the luckiest little guy to have you for a mommy. You are growing so close to the Lord. Yes,your schedule is exhausting. It always will be! You will always be working, taking care of yourself and others, and doing God's work. He will NEVER ask more of you than you can handle! He loves you more than you can ever understand. Continue to work, continue to be exhausted. He will give you rest and love beyond belief. Never doubt......

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad, but it usually take sheer exhaustion to make me rely on the Lord. I have to get to that point before I realize there's no way I can even try anymore. And then, God steps in and does amazing things in spite of me! You can rest in the Lord without getting actual physical rest. But Kris, DO remember that no matter what you do, others will make their own choices. You could do everything right (or wrong!) but they are responsible (like you) for just one person: themselves.
    Thank you for the encouraging thoughts. I agree with Debbie: you are an amazing woman! I love you!

    ReplyDelete