Saturday, June 5, 2010

Comfort

My bubby is sick. He has had a temperature for 2 days now (though I think it finally broke.) He woke up at 3 yesterday morn, and I let him cry. When he woke up at four, I felt that he needed me. I went and got him and brought him back to bed. I could tell right away that he did not feel good at all. He was warm and fussy. I tried to comfort him, but he would just roll away and fuss some more. No matter how I tired, he would not let me comfort him.

As I laid there and watched my hurting son refuse my comfort, I thought of my Heavenly Father and His comfort for all of His children.

I have been hurt a lot, in many different ways. I have hurt other people, in many different ways. But if I have learned anything at all in the last few months of my life is that the Lord is not sparing in His love and comfort for His children. All you have to do is ask. He has never not given me comfort when I have needed it most.

Do not refuse the comfort that you have in Christ. He will give, and He will not refuse you. No matter what has happened, no matter how bad you are hurt, no matter how you have hurt someone else, no matter how many friends you have to comfort you whether it be one or one hundred, His comfort is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment