Sunday, August 8, 2010

Temple Tour 2

So I have started this blog about 3 different times. This topic is one that I have learned about the most in the last few months. I have actually posted a blog about it before. But at the tour the guide put a whole new spin on prayer.

I knew that I was supposed to pray because the Bible commanded it. Everything I read tells me that I am supposed to pray all the time. Ask for the things that I want. So on and so forth.

But I never really knew or understood how much He enjoys communication with us. There are so many verses on prayer, not because he needs our prayers. Lets face it, He is God and he needs nothing from us. He spoke so many times on prayer because he wants it! He wants to hear our prayers. He wants us to take time to talk to Him. If someone walked up to you and told you that they love the sound of your voice, what would you do? Would you stop talking? Or would you talk all the more. I would imagine that you would start talking about anything and everything.

You would probably ramble on about stupid stuff, the joke you heard today, the toe that you hurt while you were vacuuming, the headache that has been bothering you all day. Or stuff that is causing major concerns in your life. Money, illness, relationships.

Yea... Pretty much anything...So why not talk to God the same way. He loves your voice. He loves your mind. He loves when your thoughts are centered on Him. He is waiting to talk to you...He is waiting for you to listen to what He has to say. He is waiting for you to respond to Him. So go on, don't stop talking, you will make his day!

2 comments:

  1. I love you my sweet niece! I love watching you grow in God's love! How lucky Kole is to have you as a mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo true. Such an amazing God we serve. He loves our voice when it's joyful, sorrowful, greatful and most especially when it's weak and broken for when we are weak, He is strong. He loves our voice at all times. Each day, each moment we give Him he delights in. Every choice is sowing to the Spirit or sowing to the flesh. Jesus, help my gaze and voice be fixed on you more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete