Wednesday, October 26, 2011

UPDATE

I think it is time for another blog! 

So many things have gone on in literally the last two weeks that it has been pretty crazy!!  

I have, hang with me here, an ex-step-nephew who has needed and continues to need a lot of prayer!!  His heart is upside down, on the wrong side of his chest, and not fully developed.  They did one surgery and he pulled threw AMAZINGLY!  Thank you to everyone who prayed and continues to pray.  He is going in for another surgery on Friday because again his stomach is on the wrong side and is starting to twist.  Poor baby!  But I know that God can do miracles and Brillyn is one strong little boy!  Please keep him and his family in your prayers!

This next update is a difficult one to address.  First of all, I do not want to seem like I am upset about the situation.  I am not hurt in the least by it.  Second of all, I have so many opinions that I should keep to myself but I know I prob wont!  So Tuesday Kane told me he proposed to his new girlfriend.  I honestly, and please believe me when I say, that i am not upset in the least.  I have moved on from that part of my life and have no emotional connection.  The ONLY concern I have is for my son.  I do not want Kole to have to go through another divorce.  Even though she will never mean as much to Kole as I do, she will still have an impact on his life and he will in some shape or form become attached.  I do not want Kole to experience this again, especially when he can understand the background information as well!!!  Kane is a big boy and can make his own choices, but Kole is at the mercy of his parents, and as much as neither of us intends on hurting our son, sometimes the choices we make will, especially when past issues are not addressed in the present so they will not affect our future!  I hope you understood that!!!

But I do want to thank everyone who has reached out to me in the last couple of days/weeks!  I am crazy busy with school and becoming my own person but I am always thankful for everyone who has played a part in my life, no matter how big or small that may be!  

There is this song that I absolutely love (Lady Antebellum "Heart of the World") and I feel like there is one line that really sums up how I feel right now.  It goes "If hope is the soul of the dreamer, Heaven is the home of my God, it only takes one believer to believe you can still beat the odds"  I am that woman who has gone threw fire and has come out stronger.  I may be callused, I may be hurt, I may be jaded, but I know who I am and how much my God loves me.  That is what counts.  

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking yesterday that I really wish you would write a blog so I could know how life is going for you right now. When God pops you into my mind, I turn it into prayer for you. And for Brillyn too. And of course, Samuel prays for Kole often. Love and miss you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having my own emotional issues with the engagement . . . that aside, I'm praying for Kole, the innocent in it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you. He needs to be thinking about Kole not himself.

    ReplyDelete