Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stories

I was listening to the radio today and they were talking about God stories. I love God stories. This got me thinking about the creativity of God. I have come to the conclusion that God loves to tell stories. He uses our lives to manifest His creativity.

You can either think of it as a song or a book. I am going to think of it as a book because I love to read. My life has many chapters. He has written about how children can overcome hardships. He has written about adults overcoming hardships. And all the while His undertones, or the writing between the lines, has been that He is always there. Even if I chose to ignore that fact. Or even when I chose to let it be present in every sentence that we write. Many of you know my story up till now. A childhood with out a father, yet He put a grandpa in my life to show His love. A mother who was addicted to drugs and alcohol off and on, yet, He gave her the strength to overcome and He put a grandmother in my life to provide what we needed. A sister whom I have an amazing connection with. And a brother whom the Lord has shown a different type of love trough. All of these are things that he chose to write about in my child hood. My adulthood is full of trials and overcoming. And full of love. Love of a wife, husband, a son, and many friends would be the theme of the last few chapters. But, again, the overriding theme in it all is that He has been there, waiting for me, loving me and eventually becoming my everything.

I can not wait to get to heaven. I can not imagine how many different stories I will be able to read. Stories of His power, love, grace, justices. All fascinating me for the same reason: They will all bring the Lord glory. And I will be able to look at my Creator in awe of the wonderful plot-lines He has created.

So I will end it with what is your story? Is the Lord still only the undertones? Or have you let Him use your story to show His glory?

1 comment:

  1. As anxious as you are to get to heaven, perhaps you could delay your trip for just a little while! There are several of us who need to have you around here with us for a while!

    BTW, have I ever share with you my vision of God's "office?" It's quite different!!!! Maybe I'll start my own blog about God's Office.....hmmm, pretty good idea!

    Love you,
    AD

    ReplyDelete