Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Are You?

I hate this feeling.  I get it every so often and I absolutely wish I would stop getting it.  It is so emotionally draining.  And physically too!  I felt fine this morning when I woke up.  Then this feeling hits... I see a couple things and all of the sudden my stomach hurts, I get all tense.  It is so frustrating.

I hate sin.  I hate what it does to me, I hate what it does to the who ever is sinning.  I know we are to expect it.  I mean everyone is going to sin right?  I am an imperfect creature, I am bound to screw up?  When you know that someone struggles with something, you know that you are going to battle with it, right?

Sometimes I wonder?  Really?  There are some sins that are just completely choice.  You sit there and say before you do it "I probably should not do this but oh heck what is this one time?"  Or you justify it.  This is not that bad, no one will know... Or we take advantage of Grace.  We know we are going to be forgiven so we do it anyways with no thought to the ramifications.  Oh but wait there won't be any because no one will find out... There you go, an open door.  An open door for "one more time"

The Bible states that we are new creations in Christ.  When we accept salvation we are to leave the old life behind.  But how many of us actually do that?  How many of us live everyday to leave our old selves behind?  Who has really really repented and overcame.  Many of us like to think we have, but then we keep breaking God's heart with the same dang thing.  What is so attractive of our old selves that we have to hold on to it?  I mean we were ugly hurtful, deceitful, disgusting creatures.  The only thing awesome about us is Christ.  The only thing worth holding on to is Christ.  The only thing in you worth praise or gratification is the Holy Spirit.  Why do you keep letting your ugly self shine through and leave the pure beauty waiting, hidden by sin?

I am sick and tired of sin,  I am going to do something about it.  I am going to lay it at the foot of the cross.  I am going to confess it to Jesus my Lord who already paid the price for it.  Then I am going to make the choice to pray when I know that I am about to sin.  I am going to make the choice to read my Bible so I know more about the only thing worth holding on to.  I am going to make the choice to flee when the temptation is to great.

Are you?

4 comments:

  1. Kristy,

    You are amazing and beautiful in the eyes of Christ and in the eyes of many people! Thank you for your words of encouragement and truth....I really get a TON out of them....

    An Anonymous Admirer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm not that anonymous lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering this same thing yesterday. Why would we want to hurt the one person that we should want to always make happy? Forget what the sin does to us and those we love, but God? I hated making my parents disappointed as a child, why don't we get that feeling when God frowns at us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you Kristy. Let's repent daily. Really repent. Declare war on sin. Then not the enemy hold us in condemnation, but walk with our heads high as children of the King should do. Just as us with our children, we don't hold their tantrums from yesterday against them today. We love them anew each morning and so enjoy seeing them toddle after us. We too are those kids toddling after our Father. So pleasing in His sight.

    ReplyDelete