Thursday, May 19, 2011

Its Funny

So I post this blog about how I am so confused and lost about all of these decisions I have to make.  I am.

So I turn to the Bible to draw comfort and find an answer.  I wanted a ya or nae tonight.  I did not get that.  What I did get was so much sweeter.

1 Peter 4:12-5:11; 2 Peter 3:14

I will not quote these.  You can read them if you want but, WOW! God is good.  Why did I think this is so completely crazy?  I mean I have been here before so it can happen.  God does not stop trials just because we ask.  His glory will be revealed in me.  I am not sure what that will look like but it will happen.  I may not be persecuted, but I am suffering.  And my heart is being judged.  Am I going to rely on the Lord, or those around me who are sinners themselves?  I value wise council and there are some people's advice that I am taking to heart and putting a lot of stock into, but in the end, they are not the Lord and my answer can only come from Him.  So I will commit my soul to the Lord.  I have many people willing to be my elders who I know are relying on the Lord for guidance.  I will humble my heart.  I will not be proud.  I will make myself nothing and Him everything.  I will cast my cares upon him because He cares for me.  I will not give into the Devil.  I will not believe there is something wrong with me because of one persons actions or another words.  I have done that for far to long.  He, the God of grace will perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle me. And He WILL get all the Glory.

I will look forward to what GOD has waiting for me because then is when I will be blameless, no matter what decision I make.

Not the answer I wanted but its the one I needed at this moment.

2 comments:

  1. No matter what any of us sinners say, we cannot give you the true answers. We can only say what we are lead to say based on our personal beliefs and sinnful hearts. I can always hope our words come from the Lord, but who's to say that they do or don't. Take your time, God will guide you in the direction that is best for you and for your family. P.S. I find it amazing, how a book so old can still hold specific truths for our lives right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy - Amen and amen. When you are having a down moment, reread what you wrote above. The Lord was clearly speaking to and through you. That's truth. Not what the enemy whispers in your ear when you are weak, but what God has clearly boldly told you in His Word and straight to your heart. Amen. Thank you Jesus. Thank you for your Word. Thank you that you love us beyond our human understanding.

    ReplyDelete