Sunday, June 5, 2011

"It is finished"

I am taking a summer class.  We are studying a few books and a book titled "The meaning of Jesus: Two Visions"  being one of them.  I am actually enjoying it.  Not just because it is keeping me distracted, but also because I am learning a lot and it is making me think.

Tonight I was reading about the Death of Christ.  One of the guy's words hit me right where I needed it tonight.

I am not going to quote it but he basically reminded me of when Jesus spoke "It is finished" on the cross.

I wonder if rather than just referring to just the act on the cross, he was referring to the conquering of all sins.  He only had to die once.  For all sins.  Ones already committed, and ones yet to be committed.

I can not remember his exact words but when Kane and I were separated last time, the pastor who was helping us brought up a good point.  The sins that Kane had committed before were already forgiven.  The sins he committed this time were already forgiven.  The hard part was already done for me.  I just had to grab onto what Jesus had to offer me.

I also wonder if it had something to do with the pain  we go trough.  It has already been taken care of.  On the cross, Jesus took our pain for us.  We will still go through hard times, and they will still hurt, but if we make a conscious effort to lay it at the cross and spend that time with our Jesus, then we will get through the pain.  He already did the hard part.

So I end with this.  What sin is still eating at you?  What forgiveness can you not seem to find?  What lies are you believing?  What pain are you not letting go?

All the sin you are dealing with.  The pain in your heart.  The forgiveness you can not seem to find.  It was already taken care of.  Already conquered.

All we have to do, with every temptation, every uneasy feeling, every hurt feeling, is lay it at the cross and let Jesus say "It is finished".

No comments:

Post a Comment