Monday, February 23, 2015

Dear Kole

A year ago your daddy texted me and told me that you had decided to follow Jesus and you prayed "the prayer".  That day was literally the best day of my life because now I know that, not only do I get to watch you grow and love Jesus in this life, but I get to worship Him with you for eternity and I do not think there could be any greater joy for a parent.

Your understanding of what it means to love Jesus amazes me everyday.  Every time we talk about being thankful, your first response is always Jesus, God, and the cross.  Every time you pray you acknowledge His love for you.  But most importantly, you know that everyone else needs to know about this love.  Like that Sunday when you wanted to "build a stand so that people could donate money so they would know about Jesus".  No one came to that but you did not stop there.  You begged me to go door to door so you could tell everyone about Jesus and God.

My prayer for you is that you never stop growing.  That this young boy who stands before me today, that can not wait to go tell our neighbors, manifests into a man who is not afraid to love the least of these and who shares the Gospel with anyone who will listen.   I pray that not, only the words you speak, but the life you live will be one that shows the Love that Jesus has for everyone.

I am so very proud of you bubba, and I am honored to be called your mom.  I love you mostest times infinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment